Where is the HID Keyboard Example Project?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1528391
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

Hi, how can i find the HID Keyboard example? Is that a project presented by Cypress?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please download PSoC Creator 3.3 from cypress website and install it.

Open PSoC Creator, go to File -> Code examples. There you can find BLE_HID_Keyboard example project

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes

Thank you that helped 🙂

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, The program demonstrated displaying 'a' to 'z' and then '0' to '9' with caps lock control using Bluetooth hid using their hex values. So, what is the hex value for left, right, top, down keys? If no defined, then what can be possible way to use right left top down keys using hid ble keyboard. Provide with the code if possible.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the official documentation for HID key codes: http://www.usb.org/developers/hidpage/Hut1_12v2.pdf

Page 53 (Section 10: Keyboard/Keypad Page) contains the key codes for the various letters/characters;

The values are 4F,50,51,52 for Right,Left,Down,Up

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is useful information but I'm trying to figure out how to apply it to HID over I²C.

I have a 12 key keypad that I plan to use in a Windows 10 system I am building. Well, building 255 of them for now and more later so the inexpensive CY8CKIT-049-42xx kit I think will work best for me. Plus with the USB to UART part removed, it fits nicely on the back of the keypad if I line up the input pins of the PSoC. I figure on taking in the 8 pins and logically assigning them to a value (if row1 AND col1 THEN output "1") so if we need to rearrange keys, say phone layout to calculator, we can just change the assignments. 

Can you point me to examples of using I2C to put out data in such a way? I will be connecting to the I2C of an Up board which has near identical GPIO as the Raspberry Pi-3.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HID is bus agnostic, and thus implementing it over I2C is more or less a case of organizing the bus protocol. Here is a link to the documentation for microsoft's implementation of HID over I2C: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn642101(v=vs.85).aspx

0 Likes