PSOC 4 BLE UART Bootloader

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to use this code for PSOC 4 BLE Pioneer kit and there are below errors coming up even after changing device in both bootloadable and bootloader project through device selector...

error 1:    The selected device for the Bootloader and Bootloadable projects must match, but don't. Bootloader is targeting 'CY8C4245AXI-483' and Bootloadable is targeting 'CY8C4247LQI-BL483'.

error 2:   CyDsFit aborted due to errors, please address all errors and rerun CyDsFit

0 Likes
13 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You have to rebuild both Bootloader and Bootloadable project. Also, the dependency in BootLoadable must point to the rebuilded files.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

All the projects are rebuilt and dependency in bootloadable is also pointing to rebuilt files.. Still the same error comes up..

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please change the Bootloader Project to CY8C4247LQI-BL483.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I had done that change for Bootloader and Bootloadable.. Still that error was coming up..

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Probably not done what you tell. Please upload latest workspace bundle

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have attached latest workspace bundle.. Pl have a look at it

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, as I thought: The Bootloader project under "Dependencies" is not that one within your workspace. It is even a version compiled using a prior Creator version.

Change the hex-file location to the right Bootloader.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Please check the updated workspace bundle.. Same error again.. I changed the dependencies to appropriate bootloader hex file...

Thank you

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

It works now after deleting existing files and starting with a new project..

Thanks a lot

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

How does this code work even after commenting Bootloadable_load() in application or bootloadable code?

Can you pl explain..

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The exact procedure how bootloaders work including some flow-diagrams are provided in the datasheet. I cannot explain better than Cypress, except you have a detailed question.

Bon

0 Likes
JoBr_1593366
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 50 questions asked 100 replies posted

For me the problem was that the Bootloadable project was using

Dependent Projects\USB_Bootloader.cydsn\DP8051_Keil_903\Release\USB_Bootloader.hex

but the newly-created project was under a different path:

Dependent Projects\USB_Bootloader.cydsn\DP8051_Keil_951\Debug\USB_Bootloader.hex

The Clean command doesn't remove this old stuff apparently.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Just bumped into same problem and find here. The problem occurred after I updated to Creator 4.1 and was solved by assigning the correct files. I would suggest the "clean project" action to be able to kill the old compiler version of bootloader .hex .elf files as well, for a project clean should be "more" clean than it is now. If the clean can delete those old bootloader files and can give a "file not exist" message, it would be easier for users (not so experienced ones like me) to figure out what they should do.   
0 Likes