Debugging CY8CKIT-059 with ITM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi all, i don't fully understand this way of printf-like debug technique, but searching on the forum i find this thread(component):

http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-creator-software/real-time-trace-swvserial-wire-viewer-psoc3

There´s a example project for PSOC5LP processor, so i change it to match the device on the 5lp prototyping kit, and can´t get nothing out of the P1[3] pin, later i found on the .dwr file that this pin is "blocked" for debug purposes, also this pin is routed to the J5 Program/Debug header, has anyone make this project run on this board? do i must place a digital output pin in the schematic and then assign into the .dwr?

I think there's nothing to change on the system tab of the .dwr, theres an option for debug select SWD/SWV.

I will try to get the data from ITM into Sigrok (PulseView) protocol analyzer/decoder software.

Here´s a post about ITM trace debugging on STM32 processors and sigrok:

http://essentialscrap.com/tips/arm_trace/theory.html

==================================================================

Edit: It works out-of-the-box!!!, the problem was pulseview, i can see all the traces with saleae software 🙂

Carlos

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Carlos,

P1.3 is a SWV pin which is also TDO pin in JTAG. Hence it shows it as blocked pin. You don't have to place a pin in topDesign and assign it to P1.3. If you enable SWV, it will automatically be assigned. You need to use a MiniProg3 or any other supported device to use this feature.

-Keerthi 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Carlos,

P1.3 is a SWV pin which is also TDO pin in JTAG. Hence it shows it as blocked pin. You don't have to place a pin in topDesign and assign it to P1.3. If you enable SWV, it will automatically be assigned. You need to use a MiniProg3 or any other supported device to use this feature.

-Keerthi 

0 Likes