PSoC 4 BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have some parameters(Adc Voltage, temperature value, time & date stamping). I'm able to see them on my laptop screen through Uart using tera term. I want to transfer the data through BLE, But i'm unable to transfer the data not getting data in CySmart tool. I created custom profile. I created a project in two ways i'm attaching here both the project, tell me which near to solve & ineed to follow & also how can i get the data through BLE.

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

I see the function UpdatemixBufferdata() which writes attributes values. But this function is most likely never called (I could not find a reference).

Please get your function logic correct first. Maybe just start with a working example (e.g. from the 100 BLE projects list) and modify the the places that actually send data. That way its easier to get the logic right.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

TeraTerm/UART is not Bluetooth. So do you set your values to the attributes you have defined in your custom profile? Are you sure the code doing so is called at all? Did you refresh the CySmart view of the attributes (there is no automatic push of updated values).

Which of the two projects is the one we should look at?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

project is same i created this project by two ways. can you please review once. i wrote attribute values. i'm unable to transfer them through BLE.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Just by looking at the code:

I do not see any line where you actually set any attributes in a custom profile. You seem to use the UART-over-BLE bridge. This works only with a terminal but not with CySmart.

Please look at AN91162 which explains how to create and use a customer profile with your own services.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello hli,

Actually i wrote attributes in a project which i created using AN91162 .Please review the project i'm sending. i guess you reviewed UART-BLE bridge project.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

I see the function UpdatemixBufferdata() which writes attributes values. But this function is most likely never called (I could not find a reference).

Please get your function logic correct first. Maybe just start with a working example (e.g. from the 100 BLE projects list) and modify the the places that actually send data. That way its easier to get the logic right.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok,

I'll check with the project list. Can you please suggest me if something is missing. I'll call the function as you told me, If you can give some suggestions to correct it then please tell me.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

You just need to call your function when you have updated ADC values. Please, look at the examples and the AN (and probably the BLE intro AN too), they explain this in much more detail.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK Hli,

Thank you so much for you information.

0 Likes