Failed to Get/Set PRoC Dongle's Public/Random BD address after Successful BLE Stack Initial

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Seniors,

I am trying to talk to the PRoC Dongle in Qt through serial port, get Local Random/Public Bluetooth Device Address of my dongle, calling Cmd_Get_Bluetooth_Device_Address_API by sending a byteArray,

// 02_Public: Cmd_Get_Bluetooth_Device_Address_Api (Trigger Complete)
cmdPacket_GetBleDevicePublicAddress[0] = 0x0C
cmdPacket_GetBleDevicePublicAddress[1] = 0x00
cmdPacket_GetBleDevicePublicAddress[2] = 0x01; // sizeof(uint8)
cmdPacket_GetBleDevicePublicAddress[3] = 0x00;
cmdPacket_GetBleDevicePublicAddress[4] = 0x00;// Public Address Type

However, whenever I try this after the Cmd_Init_Ble_Stack_Api() was successfully done, I can only get a signal of CYBLE_ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER

Since there is no problem to get those address in CySmt, I tried to also tried to set the same Random/Public Address with what I got in CySmt by myself, with a cmd packet to trigger Cmd_Set_Bluetooth_Device_Address_Api, however, still can only get CYBLE_ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER.

all of those command packets were sent after the Cmd_Init_Ble_Stack_Api() was successfully done.

Could anyone tell me what did I miss to initial its address?

How could I get the Random and Public Address?

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to simplify my question,

What else do I need to get the Public/Random Bluetooth Device Address from the dongle, after Initializing the Ble Stack?

It turns out that a lot of GAP Cmd cannot be activated if I only initialize the Ble Stack, not only asking for BD Add.

Please help me get a solution, Thank you guys so much!

Sincerely,

0 Likes