Bluetooth LE protocol analyzer/sniffer - Please share your experience

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiTo_1583836
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

I am just starting a discussion on BT (LE) protocol analyzer/sniffer. Could you please share your experience with some of the equipment out there that you are using regularly to analyze a BT transmission? Also it would be helpful to put the pros/cons of the equipment/solution with a bit of your experience.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Ok understood, discussion closed on my side. I will take a look at the trace tool that you are pointing to.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

It may not be applicable to turn the Broadcom forum into a popularity contest / advertisement vehicle for the packet sniffer companies!

Do some homework via good old Google and reading other user's reviews. 

The people I've worked with tend to use Frontline equipment but if you just want to sniff packets, have you seen this:  Bluetooth Trace Tool

0 Likes

Ok understood, discussion closed on my side. I will take a look at the trace tool that you are pointing to.

0 Likes

No question is ever a bad question, and I certainly do not run the Forum for Broadcom so maybe a free-for-all conversation thread on the merits of what equipment "is" out there is warranted.   Let's see where it progresses.   You have a cool username... would like to someday hear what it's referencing.  🙂 

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I know that this one from BlueRadios was recommended by another user:

http://www.blueradios.com/hardware_BlueSniff.htm

In addition, we also provide our own sBT Trace tool: Bluetooth Trace Tool

Many find this one helpful as well.

0 Likes