FX3-UVC: 1080P@60 fps,YUY2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My FPGA receive HDMI video source, and the video format is 1080P@60fps,YUY2.

Is this the only way to use "32 bits slave fifo sync" to transfer the video data?

What is the 32 bits data format? (D[7:0]  ? , D[15:8] ? , D[23:16] ?, D[31:24]?)

I don't know how to assign my video data

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes. You need Slavefifo 32 Bit for streaming such a high rate.

0:7 -> Y

8:15 -> U

16:23 -> Y'

24:31 -> V

Also, please find attached the example project for UVC + SlaveFifo Sync Integration. The state machine is same as the Slavefifo sync Statemachine of the An65974 application note's project.

regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu Sudhan,

Do you have fpga Corresponding Memo_UVC_with_SlaveFifo_Interface.zip. SlaveFifo2b_ZLP.vhd in An 65974 correspondes?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu Sudhan,

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu Sudhan,

I have the same problem, I would like to transmit 720@120fps RGB24 images using UVC from my FPGA to a Windows workstation. Following the AN75779 example, where I only use the GPIF IF data bus and 2 address lines for FV and LV, I am able to transmit at 40 fps. But when I increase the speed to 50fps I receive nothing in Virtualdub, the debug frame counter shows sometimes no frames or just 2/3 frames and after that, it shows nothing else.

Should I use the SlaveFIFO 32b? If so, how should I connect the LV/FV signals and which FIFO control signals do I need? I understand I need to notify the FX3 when a frame starts and ends in order to generate the UVC header.

Thank you,

Ieltxu

0 Likes