PSoC 4 BLE communication with pc java application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I am starting to develop a communication system by Bluetooth between the PSoC 042 BLE and a Java application in my pc. I already programmed an app to android and another one to pc ( both programmed in Java) to communicate to each other, and It worked very well. But I got stuck at developing  Bluetooth in C/C++ language for PSoC. I already ran the "find me" example and tried It with my tablet and pc( with dongle only) and It worked great. But as soon as I want to develop my own applications, I need to comprehend the pc client side.

My doubts:

- For bluetooth protocols It is necessary an address( similar to URL) defined by server ( in my case I want the PSoC to be). Where can I configure It?

- What is the default procedure to an external device connect as client to PSoC 4 BLE ( as a server)?

- What is the difference between using the red little shield and the black little shield that comes with the PSoC BLE 042?

- There is some example in Java that I can see to understand the default procedure?

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

For BLE you don't need anything like an URL. You need the ID of your BLE device so you can connect to it, but thats it.

The black board is a PRoC BLE, the red on a PSoC BLE (I think this is explained in the user guide).

A good example is the CySmart Android application, someone posted the sources here recently.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

For BLE you don't need anything like an URL. You need the ID of your BLE device so you can connect to it, but thats it.

The black board is a PRoC BLE, the red on a PSoC BLE (I think this is explained in the user guide).

A good example is the CySmart Android application, someone posted the sources here recently.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I made some search and in this example they use a kind of serverUrl http://www.bluecove.org/bluecove/apidocs/overview-summary.html.

I will take a look at these codes that you said, because I think It is going to be more clear after I see an example directed to PSoC Ble 4.

0 Likes