Controlling TV through the device CY5672 PRoC™ BLE Remote Control RDK using mobile bluetooth

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you help me in solving the problem of controlling the Television (T.V.) through the device CY5672 PRoC™ BLE Remote Control RDK through mobile , in this the problem faced is that when the device CY5672 PRoC™ is connected using bluetooth to the mobile device then it only sends the BLE(Bluetooth Low Energy ) waves and not the IR (Infrared) waves , hence the communication to the TV using the mobile is not possible ?

0 Likes
3 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Thats intentionally. IR mode is used only when the remote control is not connected via BLE. If it is connected via BLE to a TV set, why should it use the IR mode too?

But you can change that when you open the sample project thats provided for the RDK and modify its software.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hli,

Thanks a lot for the revert , I appreciate the help here as we are really stuck in the process. Let me elaborate where we are facing issue so you would be able to understand better and provide us with a direction moving forward in what we are trying to achieve,

So we are essentially trying to deploy infrared and Bluetooth communication simultaneously in the cypress remote. Our concept is as follow

A scenario in which we are able to send the commands from our android device (not in line of sight of TV set or cypress remote) via Bluetooth communication , cypress remote in turns sends this command to the TV set (in line of sight of TV ) hence enabling a communication between the android device and cypress remote without the device being in line of sight of TV set

What we are able to achieve : -

Firstly we have our cypress remote device in the line of sight of the TV set and sending it commands through IR signal. (Native cypress remote functionality)

Now secondly we have an android device application connected to cypress remote via Bluetooth enabling the android application to send commands to the cypress remote as well as receive data from the cypress remote device.

Problem Statement

The problem we are facing is that we are not able to create the simultaneous connection between the IR of the remote and the android application.

I hope this brief was detailed enough to let you know the part where we are stuck and it would be really appreciated if you could revert with the steps to get this done.

Thanks again for the help

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

This looks as if you need to create a new application instead of using whats already programmed on the RDK. This will mainly be a BLE application that reacts to what is send by the Android device. This data just needs to be send via the IR channel.

There is nothing special about it, you can probably take some of the RDK code as example. But it won't work out-of-the-box.

0 Likes