PRoC BLE Bootloader OTA

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get the Bootloader over the air running with my CYBLE-022001-00.

Now I realized that my normal application (without the bootloadable-component) already uses 94.4% of the available Ram.

I guess this is why I'm getting errors when i put the bootloadable component in and try to compile.

My question now is pretty basic, so I don't know exactly if this is the right forum, but I post it anyway:

Can someone tell me where in my project I use all the ram??

My project is still pretty small (ok, it uses the BLE-component, but this chip is made for this...), so I'm wondering how anyone would ever build a bootloadable application if this doesn't fit.

Or maybe someone can tell me another error in my thinking, because i need this application to be bootloadable.

I would really appreciate the help.

Best regards,

Gregor

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW,

here's the workspace bundle with the Bootloadable component put.

This is what i would like to compile....

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too: "I'm wondering how anyone would ever build a bootloadable application if this doesn't fit.".

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Gregor:

Our issue with the Bootloadable Component causing a ROM exceeded error was due to erroneously giving the Bootloadable HEX and ELF files instead of the Bootloader HEX and ELF files in the "Configure Bootloadable" Dependencies tab settings.

Is it possible your issue is due to configuring the Bootloadable instead of the Bootloader files as we did?

Have a nice week,

Tim

0 Likes