cx3 RDK: How can I build a FW that have customized resolution with RAW8 format?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am using the CX3 RDK to customize OV5640 output format with raw8.

My question is:

FW: How to setup the output format to customized resolution of raw8?
Application: How to get the raw8 video streaming data with PC program, and display them?

Currently, I had changed the resolution settings of yuyv422_ov5640.cycx. It always display correct resolution, for example 1920*1080 even I set to 1280*1080.

I am a new hand with cx3. I would appreciate if I can receive help with this.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

Alion

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

To display RAW image, you which is not supported by UVC and microsoft's video drivers, you should have a custom software to view it. Cypress does not provide the software for viewing raw video on PC Side. You can check with any 3rd party vendors.

For each resolution you are using, you need to get the corresponding CSIconfig Structure from the CX3 Bridge configuration tool and pass it to the CyU3PMipicsiSetIntfParams API. This API needs to be called before starting video streaming in a particular resolution.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

To display RAW image, you which is not supported by UVC and microsoft's video drivers, you should have a custom software to view it. Cypress does not provide the software for viewing raw video on PC Side. You can check with any 3rd party vendors.

For each resolution you are using, you need to get the corresponding CSIconfig Structure from the CX3 Bridge configuration tool and pass it to the CyU3PMipicsiSetIntfParams API. This API needs to be called before starting video streaming in a particular resolution.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu,

Thanks for your reply.

I already get the cx3 patch download from FAE.

I will continue to try it.

Thanks!

0 Likes