Digital Lux Meter

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone!

I am a beginner in this field of engineering, i want to make a BLE enabled luxmeter (instrument that measures light) using CYPRESS PSoC 4 BLE. Can someone please tell how can i proceed to use the analog value from a photo sensor and broadcast it using Cypress BLE module.  

I would really appreciate if someone is able to provide any help in this direction.

Thanks in advance 🙂

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

You should have a look at the 100 BLE projects list, e.g. the digital pressure sensor (day 31). This shows how to build a custom service to transfer your data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

You should have a look at the 100 BLE projects list, e.g. the digital pressure sensor (day 31). This shows how to build a custom service to transfer your data.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Hli

The information was very useful!

Is there any way where we can calibrate the analog data from our photosensor? so as to match the actual value of the lux meter when placed under a similar light source?

Regards

Deepinder 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Calibration is always the similar to an approximation. Depending on the number of measures you do, a Gauss least square calculation will deliver a polynomial  of degree n which you will use to calculate the approximated value. (best: using Horner's method) Storing the coefficients of the polynomial in the supervisory flash area will help to retrieve the values after a power-down. See 100 BLE-Projects in 100 Days

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bob for sharing the methods.

Are there example projects using these methods/algo's that i can refer?

Regards

Deepinder

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Wikipedia and / or google will reveal enough hints for algorithms, all not too complicated.

Bob

0 Likes