CY8C5888LTI-LP097 DATASHEET

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I find the CY8C5888LTI-LP097 datasheet.?

All the links I found only directs to the family datasheet, but not to the specific one. Even the Cypress's CY8C5888LTI-LP097 page, the datasheet icon point to the same page.

Thanks

efrs 

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

If you want to kn ow something abpout a specific component, look at the data sheet for that component. Also, look at the architecture TRM (technical reference manual) which explains the inner workings in great detail.

In your case, the counter DS already says: "Clock input: Limited to digital clocks in the clock system". The text in the family DS is a little bit misleading, because it seems to allow clock sources from any pin. But in fact the FF timer needs a clock source, which must exist, and only all the other input connections can be routed to any pin. Clock signal are something special in the PSoC, so not any signal can be used as a clock (in the family DS, look at the chapter 'clock distribution').

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

What data are you looking for? The family data sheet for the CY8C58LP family should have everything you needs - pinouts, package drawings, electrical properties.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my design I use an FF counter, I need to connect to an external clock. With PSOC Creator ...error can only connect to internal bus. clocks...With UDB timer no problem.

I use and FF counter for speed 80Mhz max vs 29Mhz for a 24 bit UDB.

In the family data sheet, only half page for timers,.."The Timer/Counter/PWM peripheral can select from multiple
clock sources, with input and output signals connected through
the DSI routing. DSI routing allows input and output connections
to any device pin and any internal digital signal
accessible
through the DSI".

So I need a very detailed description of the timers.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

If you want to kn ow something abpout a specific component, look at the data sheet for that component. Also, look at the architecture TRM (technical reference manual) which explains the inner workings in great detail.

In your case, the counter DS already says: "Clock input: Limited to digital clocks in the clock system". The text in the family DS is a little bit misleading, because it seems to allow clock sources from any pin. But in fact the FF timer needs a clock source, which must exist, and only all the other input connections can be routed to any pin. Clock signal are something special in the PSoC, so not any signal can be used as a clock (in the family DS, look at the chapter 'clock distribution').

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks hli,

In PSOC CREATOR I,ve found in components/utilities/Basic Counter. With these component, at least, compiles with no error with an external input. I've not tested more.

Sorry for my english.. Is adequate call it a "counter" when it can only count clocks???. Would not be more precise call it a Timer??

0 Likes

Well, it counts pulses, and you can ask it for the current count. That qualifies for being called 'a counter' IMHO. But as you have seen, there are different implementations for different needs, and you can use the one that fits you best (there is also a UDB counter which is the most versatile),

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The counter has got two inputs: a clock and a "Count" input. The clock is used to determine and sync the count input. So the name "Counter" is appropriate for this component. The timer configuration has got some reload automatic which a counter does not have.

Bob

0 Likes