WICED Smart Dev Kit - How to use SW4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm just getting started on using the WICED Smart dev kit.  I've read all of the documentation I could find (Quickstart Guide - QSG201-R, Hardware User Manual - HWUM100-R, Harware Interfaces - AN101-R, etc.) and I'm still confused about how to use the DIP switch SW4.  What are the different settings possible?  When would I use the application mode instead of the HCI_UART mode?

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

For Development: Each of the eight DIP switches on the mini-switch SW4 are set to ON

To View Traces from the Tag: On the mini-switch SW4, set DIP switch 2 to the OFF position. The final switch settings of mini-switch SW4 will b: 1 = ON, 2 = OFF, and 3 through 8 = ON

We will be releasing a manufacturing and test document/SW with SDK 2.1, and I believe there are specific SW4 settings related to that process as well.

Essentialy, there is not a key for all the possible combinations of SW4, but we will document when changes are needed to its settings to support different procedures/environments.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

For Development: Each of the eight DIP switches on the mini-switch SW4 are set to ON

To View Traces from the Tag: On the mini-switch SW4, set DIP switch 2 to the OFF position. The final switch settings of mini-switch SW4 will b: 1 = ON, 2 = OFF, and 3 through 8 = ON

We will be releasing a manufacturing and test document/SW with SDK 2.1, and I believe there are specific SW4 settings related to that process as well.

Essentialy, there is not a key for all the possible combinations of SW4, but we will document when changes are needed to its settings to support different procedures/environments.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello sgarcia,

1. In the HWUM100-R Hardware User Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board), we discuss its use on Page 12 of 18 which enables either HCI_UART Mode (Programming the board) or App Mode (Running your App after Download)
  2. In the QSG WICED Smart™ Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board) on page 17 of 27 we discuss the Viewing traces using SW2 position on SW4
  3. Also in the QSG on page 26 of 27 we discuss SW4 and the Recovery Process using SW4.

Let me know if this helps

Thanks

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mwf_mmfae and j.t,

Thank you for your response.  I now have a better idea of how to use SW4.  Thanks.

0 Likes