muliple partions on sd3 based custom baord

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

we  are designed usb sd3 based custom board. we have ported example illustrates the use of the FX3S firmware APIs to implement mass storage class device that allows access to SD/MMC devices connected to SD3 given along wit SDK.

The application partitions the storage device found on storage port into two volumes, and then enumerates them as separate logical units on the USB side
in that example partitions  define by

#define CY_FX_SIB_PARTITIONS (2).

.If i have increased to 4 ,it shows 4 partitions .  Out of 4 partitions only two partitions data copying possible. If i have clicking other two partitions an message displays " please insert the disk".

kindly suggest how to make multiple partitions.And i need to know how to make on partitions as readable partitions.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tested by making the partition to 4 and it is working fine. I have tested on FX3S dev kit by Pactron. Please make sure that the card is working properly.

For making the partition as write-protected you need to change the following parameter in the firmware:
>> In HandleModeSenseCommand() you need to change glMscDataBuffer[2] data for which lun you need to have this feature
>> In CyFxMscApplnQueryDevStatus() you need to change glLunWriteable[i * CY_FX_SIB_PARTITIONS + j] as CyFalse

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi RASH,

Thanking you for your support.

I tried defining this variable

#define CY_FX_SIB_PARTITIONS (4).

If I define as 4 , it shows 4 partitions . Out of 4 partitions only in two partitions data copying is possible.
If i click other two partitions an error message is displayed  " please insert the disk".
In the other  two partitions used space and free space are zero bytes always .
How to define the partition size in the code?
I tried to define  numblk a particular value, but it dint work. Where to define numblk in the code?

Thanking you in advance
Ajsh Zacharias

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi RASH,

Thanking you for your support.

I tried defining this variable

#define CY_FX_SIB_PARTITIONS (4).

If I define as 4 , it shows 4 partitions . Out of 4 partitions only in two partitions data copying is possible.
If i click other two partitions an error message is displayed  " please insert the disk".
In the other  two partitions used space and free space are zero bytes always .
How to define the partition size in the code?
I tried to define  numblk a particular value, but it dint work. Where to define numblk in the code?

Thanking you in advance
Ajsh Zacharias

0 Likes