pin 13 has been reserved for debugging ??

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
HuEl_264296
Level 5
Level 5
First like given 25 sign-ins First solution authored

Hi,

I have two CY8C3666LTI-201 projects which are almost identical. However, in one project, it won't let me use pin 13 (p1[2]) as a GPIO. In the other project, it does let me. And I can't for the life of me work out why. The DWR System settings are identical between the projects. I tried copying the .cydwr file from the good project to the bad project, but that didn't help. 

How can I unreserve that pin?

Please see attached image for details.

Hugo

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kudos to Hugo!  I had the same problem.  Your fix worked perfectly.

"Just tried selecting a different device, and it let me assign the pin. Then I selected the original device again, and it let me assign the pin now"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
HuEl_264296
Level 5
Level 5

Here is the workspace bundle.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I could open your project using Creator 3.3 CP1 and instantly assign p1_2 (pin 13) to EC_CS.

Bob

0 Likes
HuEl_264296
Level 5
Level 5

Well, that is very strange. Perhaps this is a bug in 3.3?

0 Likes
HuEl_264296
Level 5
Level 5

Just tried selecting a different device, and it let me assign the pin. Then I selected the original device again, and it let me assign the pin now.

So this must have been a bug in Creator 3.3.

Hugo

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

It is probably not a bug within Creator, but some bad data within your project? I would suggest to create a support case (at top of this page Design Support) and inform Cypress of that bug (add a link to this thread)

Bob

0 Likes
HuEl_264296
Level 5
Level 5

Well, if there's bad data in my project, then a bug in Creator put it there.

0 Likes
timoc_264486
Level 2
Level 2

I have essentially the same problem but for a different device. I have been using the CY8C5869LTI-LP039 and after updating to 3.3 my only two debug choices are  SWD and SWD+SWV. If I switch to the CY8C5888LTI-LP097 (which is virtually the same device except 80MHz instead of 67Mhz) then all of the debug choices appear, including the one that matches my hardware (4 wire JTAG). However, unfortunately when I switch back the choices again go away. This is a real problem for me.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I presume you are using Creator 3.3 CP1. Try to update to latest version which is SP1. My Creator does not show the error.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kudos to Hugo!  I had the same problem.  Your fix worked perfectly.

"Just tried selecting a different device, and it let me assign the pin. Then I selected the original device again, and it let me assign the pin now"

0 Likes

Same for me, running PSoC Creator  3.3 SP1 (3.3.0.7343) (updated from 3.1 a couple of days ago - this was probably the first time running this project)

Running on CY8CKIT-059

​I got the same error-message, could still program the chip but the error message kept on coming.

Solved by changing from CY8C5888LTI-LP097 to CY8C5888LTQ-LP097 (High-temp version) and back.

0 Likes
VlYe_281166
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

The same error with CY8CKIT-059 with P1[3]. Two projects: in the first pin active, in the second - blocked.  

PSoC Creator  3.3 SP1

Re-switching device types helped. Definitely bug in Creator.

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hi all,

This bug is reproduced and it is fixed in our future release[planned for 4.0 ]. This is just a GUI error and please be assured that the pin will work as expected. As of now just ignore the error message.

Thanks

JOBIN

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem and Hugo's fix worked. I think it's a bug. It's not updating the pin selector when the debug setting is changed.

Environment:
PSoC Creator  3.3 CP3 (3.3.0.9604)
Culture: English (United States)
OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
CLR Version: 4.0.30319.34209

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm that the error is still there. Fortunately I found this post and was able to change devices as mentioned in order for it to work

0 Likes
crhoc_2121991
Level 2
Level 2
First like received Welcome!

Hey thanks for this posting. Had the same error here (2 projects with SWV disabled, one fit and one error). Switching from CY8C5888LTI-LP097 to CY8C5888LTQ-LP097 then back fixed the issue. I'm running Creator 4.2, btw.

0 Likes