How to realize large amplification using psoc1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaMa_1527286
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I have CY3210-PSoCEval1 in hand, and try to realize large amplification on it.(without using outer amplifier IC, for example, LMV358 and so on)

The signal from Radar module is very week, so I have to enlarge the useful signal and eliminate other frequency noise.The parameters are the following.

1. magnification factor is 50000(50K,about 90dB)

2. frequency range is 5 Hz~300 Hz.

In the PSoC Designer 5.4 software, I try to use double PGAs to realize, the function of the first PGA is ok, the second PGA is abnormal, the out signal(with large noise) is not enlarge one.

The circuit is described as follows:

pull up radar signal(AGND) PGA(gain 48) LPF2 + capacitor and pull up signalPGA(gain 😎

It is a small project to detect motion using radar sensor, would you please help give me some suggestions? Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards,

Mark

0 Likes
3 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello Mark,

Can you kindly let me know more details of the sensor, like its output amplitude, the amplifier input impedance required? With these inputs, it must be possible to make an amplifier.

Thanks and regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello Mark,

I found this application note in Innoset's website. Can you kindly follow the Section 8 "Troubleshooting - just in case"? There should be a clear signal at the output of the sensor.

Thanks and regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MaMa_1527286
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sampath,

Many thanks for you reply, and the attached Innosent PDF document is really good.

The current main problem is not getting radar signal, but also the amplification and noise problem. You also can see the details(item 4) from the Innosent PDF document.

And there is a recommended amplifier circuit from Innosent PDF document, this is what I really want to realize using Cypress MCU. Can you share me some examples or application notes on this? (for this example, 6…600 Hz bandwidth and 60dB gain )

Very urgency, looking forward to your further reply.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Mark

0 Likes