cyusb3.sys or cyusb.sys?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have installed CySuiteUSB_3_4_7_B204.exe and cy3684kit_RC8, both have drivers and firmware directory etc.  Which to use with my custom hardware board of CY7C68013A? If I could install only one of above software to develop my custom board?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use the drivers associated with this KBA (http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/drivers-ez-usb-fx1-and-fx2lp-kba94413)

------------------------------------------------UPDATE--------------------------------------------------

Please download Fx3 SDK from given  Path and install.

install and bind driver from below path after SDK installation.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\drive

------------------------------------------------END--------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
AjayB_76
100 sign-ins 10 questions asked 5 questions asked

cyusb3.sys is a later version of the driver which has support for USB3.0. 

Please use this driver. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, But my device is cy7c68013a, it's a usb2.0 device. All documents I can get says to use cyusb.sys not cyusb3.sys. So I am confused with this. And what's the difference between suite and cy3684 with examples, tools, firmware?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where I can find for Windows 10 ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use the drivers associated with this KBA (http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/drivers-ez-usb-fx1-and-fx2lp-kba94413)

------------------------------------------------UPDATE--------------------------------------------------

Please download Fx3 SDK from given  Path and install.

install and bind driver from below path after SDK installation.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\drive

------------------------------------------------END--------------------------------------------------

0 Likes