Multihop BLE Network

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I am pretty confused about the capability of BLE to build multihop (mesh, tree) network topology. At the beginning, I thought that it is the same with the classical bluetooth. And also, I see that there are some projects in 100_Projects_in_100_Days (e.g.            Day012_Central_Peripheral) mentioning about having multiple role in a node (I have not tried them out though). I thought that can be a way to build multihop topology. However, when I googled again for some basic information about BLE, some say it's not possible to have multihop topology but some say it is possible. Can anyone please explain about this? Or maybe give me some reference about it? Or maybe, if anyone has tried out the related projects or having other experience establishing multihop network. Please give me some guidelines. I would very appreciate it. Thank you.

Regards,

Daryanto

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multi hop is possible either through advertisement channel (Bluetooth SIG is defining this protocol and Cypress recently made a press release that they support this feature) or through BLE connection (day 49 and Day 52 projects in 100 projects list).

I recommend to create a tech support case with Cypress.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multi hop is possible either through advertisement channel (Bluetooth SIG is defining this protocol and Cypress recently made a press release that they support this feature) or through BLE connection (day 49 and Day 52 projects in 100 projects list).

I recommend to create a tech support case with Cypress.

0 Likes
emen_2218296
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi Undesh,

Can you send link to the project you are referring to ?

Multihop project any link would be helpful. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the git page for all "100" projects; Day 49 and 52 are the ones to look at.

https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
emen_2218296
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

This project actually is flooding mesh. Here there is no fixed route. Our implementation looks as attached below. 

Any examples or suggestions to implement this ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the "100 projects in 100 days" demonstrates a similar mesh-network setup, but I haven't done any ble meshing, so I don't have any good advice/help for that 😞

Creating a dynamically setup/routed mesh network is all software, and that is pretty hard even in wired circumstances.

0 Likes