ADC connected to a OA[1].vplus

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CeGu_1509311
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hello everyone,

I want to connect a potentiometer to the SARMUX module, but using the port P2[5] the PSoC creator shows a warning about using this pin may lead to routing congestion or failure.

Anyone could tell me if you have tried this and which type of error can I expect?

Regards

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

To use Port P2_5 seems to be quite normal, can you post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings? To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Probably this pin is used as dedicated connection for some component. Without the actual part number its difficult to say, but probably the error message already tells you why (if not, look at the design wide resources which shows for each pins whats its used for).

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

I don't have your files but I tried it on this example program and had no issue with
​P2(5).  I am sending the program for you to study.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

OA[1].vplus is the positive input of the second OpAmp. It is routed to P1[5]. Are you sure you are using the correct pin? Are you using this OpAmp maybe (e.g. as input buffer)?

0 Likes
CeGu_1509311
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hi,

Im using the SAR MUX as an ADC, and I'm getting this warning when I use PSoC Creator 3.3, PSoC Creator 3.2 work great without warnnings

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

I tested a similar schematic with Creator 3.3, and all was fine. Which PSoC do you use? Can you share the project that shows this behavior?

0 Likes