Issue with Counter in Count Input and Direction, and Clock With UpCnt & DwnCnt configurations

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
adpac_1560036
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

When using the counter in the above said modes, it is not getting reset after reaching the max period. but it resets after coming to zero. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Oh yes. I got it. My mistake Bob, It's been just 4 days I've started working on PsoC3.

Thanks a lot once again.:-) 🙂

Aditya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum!

This might be conform to the datasheet, though you expect something different. Can you post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings? To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Tell us some more: Are you trying to perform something special or are you in the process of understanding the counter component?

Bob

0 Likes
adpac_1560036
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

Thank you Bob,

I'm in the process of understanding the counter when I came across it. 

Please find the attached archive file.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, as i thought: you specify a counter with count up and down. Following the datasheet of counter v 3.0 page 9, and for your case at begin of page 10:

When the clock mode is set to Clock With UpCnt & DwnCnt this option reloads to the period value when counter is 0x00 or all 0xFF.

Bob

0 Likes

Oh yes. I got it. My mistake Bob, It's been just 4 days I've started working on PsoC3.

Thanks a lot once again.:-) 🙂

Aditya

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I will give you a valuable hint:

For relative few money you can obtain a PSoC4 -M Prototyping Kit as a cheap build-in when you finished a project. All you learned with your PSoC3 kit you can use with the PSoC4 kit as well. Yes, I admit: not all, but when you understood how to "Think PSoC" you will find it not too difficult.

Bob

Sure Bob, will keep that in mind.

Thank you.

Aditya

0 Likes