I developed a module using cypress ble IC, need to do CE certification test

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I developed a module using cypress BLE IC - CYBL10162, need to do the CE Certification  test in China.

now ,I meet one problem.

The engineer told me that i should supply him with one software tool. The tool can be installed on PC. My BLE module is connected to the PC via its UART. The function of this tool is that the tool can send command or data to the BLE module through UART, when send one command ,the 2.4G frequency of the Bluetooth can be fixed, just like 2402MHz, 2404MHz, exg..

The BLE module can connect the Tester(network analyzer) wirelessly using Bluetooth.

Now I want to know is there already one tool that can meet my requirements? Or, how can I develop one software tool to achieve my purpose?

Thank you. Waiting for response online!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I would suggest you to get in contact with Cypress directly. To do so, at top of this page Design Support -> Create a Support Case and tell again your problem (copy and paste or a link to this thread).

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you. I have done, and I am  waiting for the response.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

What you are looking for is a DTM mode on BLE module and sending the HCI commands to set TX/RX for a particular frequency. The HCI mode in BLE component will enable this functionality on module.

Having said that, I am not aware of a generic tool that can communicate over UART to send these HCI commands. Most of these tools are associated with a Hardware Tester (such as Rohde & Schwarz CBT tester) and work with their interface only.

Nevertheless, if you know the HCI commands to enable that test framework, then you can write a script receive input from user on PC and send appropriate command to module over BLE.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,roit,thanks for your reply.I know the DTM mode ,and I know I can configure the BLE part to 'Host Controller Interface(HCI)' mode with UART baud rate as 115200.I learn the CBT Tester in DTM can be divided into two parts, one is Upper Tester ,the other is Lower Tester. Lower Tester:The part of the tester that communicates test packets with DUT over RF.Do you mean,the CBT tester can test my module over RF automatically,when I configure the BLE to HCI? Is there no need to develop a PC tool?

0 Likes