PSoC 5LP USB pin

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What are the USB pins for PSoC 059? I already tried the P12[6] and P12[7], but they directed the UART data to kitprog port, and I want to use the USB application port (the different one than the USB Kitprog).

0 Likes
12 Replies
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi, i´m also using the 059 kit and the pins are: D- is P15[7] and D+ is 15[6].

Those pins are automatically assigned with the new help incorporated on Creator 3.3.

Carlos

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, Thanks Carlos!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting the following error on pin configuration: "USB pin only supports the drive modes 'Open Drain, drives Low' and 'Strong drive'." Which one should I use ?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

My Creator 3.3 CP1 does not have a pin drive mode to set for the USB interface, the USBFS component has no pins associated, all settings done automatically.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using the UART component because It's more simpler interface. Since my application aim to communicate PSoC 059 and PSoC 042, It may not be necessary to implement all those interfaces that USBFS provides.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My USB device is not been recognized by my PC. Only the Kitprog is detected ( not the one that I wish ). I tried testing with Putty.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You need to set different pins for UART Rx and TX when you want to use the UART-USB bridge and you need to use the emulated com-port of the kitprog. Check schematics for the pins, on the -059 they are already routed, on the -42 you'll have to wire externally to the J8 port.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already made It successfully on -42, but not yet on -059. Must I use the Kitprog to use USB port on -059?

How Could I use the J6 of -059?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

As I said: Look into the schematics of your -059 Kit it's p12_6 and 7

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that if I configure the p12.6 and p12.7 It will work on KitProg Rx/Tx, but I wish that It works on micro USB.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Then you have to use an USBUART component, enumerate it and connect it to the PC with a second cable. No pin selections needed.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I finally understood! I'm going to take a look at the USBUART examples.

Thank very much!

0 Likes