EEPROM PSoC 4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CeGu_1509311
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hi everyone,

Have you tried to use simulated EEPROM with PSoC4? I can not find the EEPROM Component in PSoC Creator 3.2 or is there another way to create a permanent data array or write/read flash memory?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I would suggest you to upgrade to Creator 3.3 CP1. The emEEProm component can be used for the standard PSoC4 (not for BLE yet)

Bob

0 Likes

I already upgraded to version 3.3 but I'm using BLE, is there any other way to create permanent data?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Have you checked out this program for the PSOC ble? Day 25 Over the Air update.  I am sending you the PDF on program for you to check out.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Part of the BLE chip is the Supervisory flash which can be used to store data. Check the 100 projects for BLE, I think it was in the #46 range

Bob

0 Likes
CeGu_1509311
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

@bobgoar

The project for BLE_OTA lets the user to change flash memory but using another BLE device.

I want to save the data acquired during program execution into the flash memory, and load it again in the next restart.

@Bob Marlowe

Thank you Bob, I'm checking this project but a waning inside the main program says that this method is unstable because this changes the clock's peripherals frequency. I'll try it and told you the results, I'll appreciate if another idea you have in mind.

Regards

0 Likes
lock attach
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Last year at this time  Bob Marlowe wrote a program to write data  to the F-ram on the PSOC Ble Pioneer board. I am sending that program  to you.

0 Likes
lock attach
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Here is another program that is usable with the F- ram shield that Cypress sells for about $10.00. This program is for the PSOC 4 but could be used with the PSOC Ble if the device is changed and it is recompiled.  There is also a PDF file on the process.

0 Likes