BLE stack/ library for WIndows application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am busy developing an application in C# Visual Studio that should communicate with a Cypress BLE chip. I went ahead and used 32Feet library just to play around with the some basic functionalities. But I didn't know that they don't support BLE.

What the application must do is the following:

• A user should search for a bluetooth device (The Cypress BLE device to be exact)
  •     
  • A user should connect to it.
  •     
  • After a user has connected, it should retrieve certain data.
  •     
  • The user should then alter the data accordingly and send it to the device, where the device will then write that data to memory.
  •    

Is it possible to write such an application for a Cypress BLE chip that will support windows 7 and up in Visual studio or any other IDE? If so, is there an example, because I can't seem to find any.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use the BLE dongle and write your custom UART protocol to trigger all the stuff that you described. You C# code could just use the emulated UART interface and communicate user action to BLE dongle.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use the BLE dongle and write your custom UART protocol to trigger all the stuff that you described. You C# code could just use the emulated UART interface and communicate user action to BLE dongle.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome. Thanks Undesh. I didn't really think about that option. 

0 Likes