Wavdac8

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am modifying an existing application and adding a Wavdac8 to the project.  The wavdac8 is simply generating a 600Hz tone to be used as CW side tone (I hope there are couple amateur radio operators on this forum :)).   When CW is generated by another section of the code, I would like to turn the side tone on and off with the CW generation.  I could simply stop start the component but my gut feeling is that is not the correct method to do it.  Is there another component that could be inserted between the Wavdac8 and the PSoC 5 pin that can basically act as an ON/OFF switch.

The PSoC 5 will be driving a simple external circuit that basically consists of a transistor to drive a speaker.

Regards,

Ron

0 Likes
2 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Ron,

can you use "ClockEnable" component, inserted between input clock and WaveDAQ ("clk enable" terminal goes to external pin)?

P.S. I built a transceiver very-very long time ago, not sure if this qualifies me for radio amateur.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I will take a look at that.  I also had a Doh! moment.  I could simply use another GPIO to turn the interface transistor on and off.

Regards,

Ron

0 Likes