PSoC Creator Automatic Pin Assignment

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

This is funny, I am writing about automatic pin assignments and another developer is asking about manual pin assignments.

In one of the videos from Cypress I thought I caught something about allowing PSoC Creator to automatically select pin assignments because it will pick the pins best suited for optimum performance.

I do not recall the video or how to get back to it.  But even more importantly, if this is correct, how do I instruct PSoC Creator to "auto-route" the pins?

And as the other post mentions I am not talking about specific functions but things such a LCDs, Push-Buttons, LEDs, etc.

Thank You,

Doug

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

Guess what I just found?  I just read this in the PSoC Creator v 3.3 Release Notes :

Guided Pin Selection
This feature helps the user make optimal decisions when choosing physical pins in the Pins DWR editor for PSoC 4 devices. Ideal selections are highlighted in green while legal, but resource-consuming, options in yellow.

I remember seeing this happed (the GREEN pins) also when using the DWR editor for my PSoC 5LP.

Thanks,

Doug

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
CeGu_1509311
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

The best way I know is using pins as Bus and checking the option Contigous, PSoC will try to route the pins one after other; for example one bus of output pins for 7 switches, creator will arrange pins from P1.1 to P.7  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

Guess what I just found?  I just read this in the PSoC Creator v 3.3 Release Notes :

Guided Pin Selection
This feature helps the user make optimal decisions when choosing physical pins in the Pins DWR editor for PSoC 4 devices. Ideal selections are highlighted in green while legal, but resource-consuming, options in yellow.

I remember seeing this happed (the GREEN pins) also when using the DWR editor for my PSoC 5LP.

Thanks,

Doug

0 Likes