bootloader source code used with -e option in hex2bix.exe for FW larger than 16KB?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Our firmware for the fx2lp is larger than 16.KB and is using external RAM.
The FW is loaded from and I2C EEPROM. When converting to .iic file we use the -e option of the hex2bix application. Thus, a bootloader is added to the .iic file that will load the code to the external RAM. In the hex2bix application sources you can find the bootloader as a binary.
We need to modify the bootloader to toggle one of the GPIO pins that triggers an external watchdog.

Does anyone have the sources of the bootloader or has successfully compiled a different bootloader that could replace the current one?

We have a thread running with Cypress Support, but it seems difficult for them to get the bootloader source.

Thanks!

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The bootloader source code is usually not exposed to customers. However, please wait for the confirmation on the Tech Support Case you created.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

I also need the bootloader source code ,because I wanna know how to reset the 8051 CPU and run code from the start, CPUCS.0 is not writeable. can you help me? plz!!!

-Andy

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Andy,

Yes, the CPUCS.0 bit can not be written by the FX2LP firmware. However the host can  reset the CPU by sending an 0xA0 vendor command with 0xE600 as value and 01H as data. To bring the CPU out of reset send 00H as data.

Read this KBA(http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/examples-showing-how-download-firmware-ez-usb-an21xxfx...)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dhritiman Kashyap,

Thanks, it can reset the CPU by host with using 0xA0 cmd,  and ezusb reloads firmware from  EEPROM and do ReNumeration ; but I also need to reset CPU by firmware itself, I mean that firmware can write a register to make ezusb to reset CPU , reload firmware from EEPROM and do ReNumeration .

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

However we do not expose the bootloader source to our Customers.

0 Likes