CAN on PSoC 4 problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to make a CAN application using the CY8CKIT-044 that has 2 CAN modules, but I'm not sure if I have to use the CAN/LIN expansion board too in order to make it work.

Does anyone know if a can run a simple example using only two CY8CKIT-044 to create a CAN network?

Thanks.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum,

Apart from the voltage levels of the CAN interface you may even use only one PSoC4-M board and shortcut the Rx-Tx pins externally.

Programming might be easier of course when using two boards. During test-phase you may omit the CAN line drivers.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply. Then I will try again using both configuration (one and two boards).

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again, after trying to implement the examples (CAN_FULL_P4 and CAN_BASIC_P4) on two boards  I was able to monitor the activity via UART of the BASIC example, but there is not activity on te FULL example. After using the debugging tool I noticed that the FULL example doesn't send nothing becuase it's just wating for a CAN message to do something, but the board with the BASIC example doesn't send any CAN message.

Any ideas of what could I try?

Thanks.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Are you sure the board with BASIC CAN example is configured to use the correct pins? 8Or: how did you determine that it doesn't send anything?)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last time I checked the pins were that I was using were right. And regarding the activity on the CAN network I determine that there weren't messages because one of the two modules is configure to send a message when a message with the ID 0x001 is received. 

Since there is no message of the message being receive I think that there are no message being transmitted.

0 Likes