USB MIDI on PSoC 5

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to port the PSoC3/5 MIDI example to run on the PSoC5 part of a CY8CKIT-042-BLE Pioneer Baseboard, but have problems with the USB MIDI input.

The only thing I've done to the project is to change the part number and rearrange the IO pins to work with the new board.

My setup is the devkit connected via USB to a PC running MIDI-OX.

MIDI out over USB works fine (using a switch to send MIDI messages fron PSoC to PC), but I can't get the input to work. Connecting the status LEDs for input to the on-board LED doesn't have any effect (it does for output status) and setting breakpoints in the USB_ProcessMidiIn function of USB_midi.c doesn't have any effect.

What am I missing? See attached project for what I'm running.

Best,

Jon

0 Likes
4 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello Jon,

Can you try programming the latest code example from the latest creator. If you are still facing any issue please send us the USB trace.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a trace from MS Message Analyzer of sending some MIDI messages from psoc (works) and from PC (doesn't work).

I'm also enclosing the exact project (my modifications are just changing the device and moving some pins) that I used to create this trace. It should be easy to recreate the issue by running this on a BLE Pioneer board.

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello Jon,

Is it fine for you to raise a technical support case for this issue. This involves little bit of detailed testing and debugging, so it will be good if you can raise a case for this. We will interact via the case.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you, will do.

0 Likes