creating multiple event nodes

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

the device i bought is composite device. when connect only one event node is created. how can i trigger multiple event nodes to be created.

example 1. mouse 2. conumer 3. touch pad

if i want linux system to create three /dev/input/event1 /dev/input/event2 /dev/input/event3 then how can i achieve it. 

many thanks,

prabhu chwandi

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

The RDK is only a remote control, its not programmed to be seen as a keyboard or mouse by Linux (or any other OS).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

That mostly depends on how Linux is seeing your device. Which device do you have? How is it programmed? How does linux report it when it is found?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, thanks for the reply. i am using cyppress  cy5672, below is the link. when connect only one node will be created. i test using the evtest, all the reports come to that event node only. my requirement is i want to see different nodes for each device this device conpist of.  please let me know what you think about it.

related to firmware, i have not flashed anything, its as it is delivered.  in the sdk i have source code for the sdk,  "how it is coded ?" - could you please let me know what information are you looking at ?

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy5672-proc-ble-remote-control-reference...

many thanks,

prabhu chawandi

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

The RDK is only a remote control, its not programmed to be seen as a keyboard or mouse by Linux (or any other OS).

0 Likes