KIT-059 Crystal issue: no XTAL output

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaJa_1553636
Level 3
Level 3
First like given

I must be doing something wrong, but I just cannot see it.

I am trying to add an external crystal of 20Mhz (I had these laying around). I configure the XTAL block in the design wide resources but the best I can do is ending up in the halt-on-clock-error: while(1) code. I have tried to measure the XTAL_OUT with a scope - with and without the external crystal but it is always low as is the XTAL_IN pin. I have no other external components as the kit board already has two 22pf caps on these pins.

I have also played with the XTAL configuration settings, timeout etc. Nothing seems to help.

Is there a trick to this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Not probably 😛  Duh!

I got it working now with the 20Mhz crystal connected to 15_0 and 15_1 and two (external) caps (18pf)...

Thanx, Bob!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You are probably wrong: The quartz is for the ILO and needs a 32.768kHz crystal. For the IMO there is no place on the board to connect a crystal to, nor are there any caps for that. Have a look into the schematic of your board.

Bob

0 Likes

Not probably 😛  Duh!

I got it working now with the 20Mhz crystal connected to 15_0 and 15_1 and two (external) caps (18pf)...

Thanx, Bob!

0 Likes