SPI pin configuration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to interface 3.3V SPI master and PSOC4100 slave powered from 5V. For proper level match I like to set PSOC SPI impit pins to LVTTL mode to get 2V input threshold for High states. But I don't see any way in PSoc Creator to access the SPI pin's configuration. The SPI component does not provide one. Is there any way to set pin mode, similar to regular GPIO?

Regards, Dmitri. 

0 Likes
7 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Dmitri: Here is an example program to show you how the SPI works.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. The problem is if I open the project and replace the chip with the one I am planing (CY8C4124LQI-443)  I don't have the same components any more. The only choice I have is SPI SCB mode which has no pins.

Is this a conceptual limitation or a library bug?

Regards, Dmitri.

0 Likes

The pins are hard wired internally - use the "Pins" entry to select physical pins

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
        How many pins does your device contain? Did you read the data sheet for the sbc-SPI component? The data sheet says the component has no physical pins.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to get the smallest footprint with ADC/DAC/SPI for 5/3.3V application. So it is 40QFN. Actually I solved the problem retargeting to CY8C4245. In this case I have access to pin configuration. Thanks for help.

Dmitri.   

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
        I'll try your component in the program and see what happens.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have the same problem with the module CYBLE-224110-0.

Not all the pins of the SPI are routed to the PCB.

What can I do?

Francis

0 Likes