in circuit programming the proc and their cad files

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I want to use CYBL10461-56LQXI in the design. What is the circuit for in circuit programming and what are the tools for it? I could not find any document for this on PRoC BLE page.

Also, does anyone have cad files for eagle?

Thanks

Ashutosh

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum. Ashutosh.

Programming is best done with a MiniProg3 for PSoC3, 4 and 5.

You may also use a Kitprog which is part of some of the prototyping kits and can be snapped off.

Both need a simple 5-wire interface (VCC, GND, SCL,SDA and XRES) The Miniprog3 is able to power the target with 1.8 to 5V.

Both solutions will work for programming and also for debugging.

Bob

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        Are you talking about programming the device on an ICT machine in a production environment? There are BSDL files for the devices. And as Bob said you need a mini prog 3 to program the chip for functional operation. A good test house would be able to program the device on the machine using the Hex file.   
0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        Do a search on the main page for the part number of your part and you will find Cad files   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all. All comments were helpful. I found how to use miniprog 3 but could not find programming pins at first, it took time but later in datasheet i found programming pins on example schematic. BTW, can it also be used as debugger? or i need to use some other way to debug?

Cypress need to be better at organizing data sheets. May be im very much accustomed to microchip data sheets. Kitprog is quite nice too but requires me to make another board. Thanks @Bob

@bobgoar, the cad files are only for mentor, altium but not for eagle. On that there is no tool to convert these files to eagle .lbr files. A .bxl file would have helped. So, that it can be used to convert to whatever cad format we choose just like TI.

Anyway, i will create eagle library myself. Also, the recommended measurements for pads and others are also not given in cypress datasheets. Its only for the chip.

Sorry for silly questions, im new to cypress mcu's.

Thanks

Ashutosh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello guys,

i found one forum post on this solution: http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-4-architecture/programming-psoc4-directly-miniprog3

Does cypress have no single document to explain different ways to program PSoC and PRoC in general with all tools like PSoC Creator and Eclipse? That would actually solve most of peoples problem and headache to search and go through again and again.

If possible, anyone have schematic for miniprog 3 to PRoC ble or JLink cortexM to PRoC ble? Plz do share.

Thanks

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Ashutosh,

Imho Cypress did a good job with their datasheets. When you installed Creator completely you will find a Cypress Document Manager which will help you to search for information.

When in Creator, all datasheets are just a mouse click away: left click on any component and open the datasheet... Furthermore there is a "Datasheets" tab at the workspace explorer which list all datasheets for components and the chip you used. Additionally there is a "Generate Project Datasheet" which could be used for the final documentation of your project.

Bob

0 Likes