PSoC1 support?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, I searched and couldn't find anything about support for the CY8C28 family of chips even though the CY8CKIT came with a CY8C28 module, shown as still being part of the package and being sold separately (see http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-020-psoc-cy8c28-family-processor...) and the chips are still being produced.

So, how is one supposed to use them?

How is one supposed to program them if PSoC Creator no longer supports the CY8C28 family (the module is not in the Target hardware list and the chips are not in the Target device list)?

PSoC Designer can't be used because Adobe SVG Viewer isn't supported nor available for download on its site and as I have Windows 10, an old Win98 or XP version may not work anyway.

Can Cypress please clarify?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Jeffery.

This is a developer forum. For your case it seems best to get in contact with cypress directly. At top of this page "Design Support -> Create a Support Case". PSoC Creator did never support PSoC1 devices, this was done always in Designer, latest version is 5.4. I have to admit that I hesitated to install windows 10 on any of my machines, now I know why 😉

It would be nice, when you keep us informed of the response from Cypress.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

Thanks for your reply. It appears that my confusion was greater than just about support for the PSoC 1 devices, I didn't understand this forum's purpose fully!

I'll ask Cypress directly and fill in the blank here, for others who might be searching for that information. I'm kind of surprised that that information isn't explicitly provided on that module's or the devices' pages.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Your case is a bit special: PSoC Designer 5.4 runs flawlessly under Win 10. Usually.

Because yours seemingly doesn't, you need to get help from Cypress.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob, and anyone else,

Cypress fixed it. They had a link for the Adobe SVG viewer download that I didn't find at:

http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/uninitialised-interconnect-view-message-svg-viewer

​which links to:

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/svgviewer/win/3.x/3.03/en/SVGView.exe

Why Adobe didn't have that as result of my search is probably just one of those things that goes wrong. Once I installed the viewer PSoC Designer launched as expected. Problem solved.

0 Likes

Link is broken.  I found SVG viewer here: Adobe SVG Viewer download area

Edit: Adobe's link doesn't work either.  Apparently the file is gone.

0 Likes
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Good job! And thank you for keeping us informed.

Bob

0 Likes