CY7C68013A on linux

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to use your CY7C68013A-56PVXC chip on Debian Linux 8.0, which has libusb-1.0-0 installed.  I downloaded FX3_SDK_Linux_v1.3.3, unzipped all directories, and then made and installed the cyusb_linux_1.0.4 package.  When I run the cyusb_linux program, it says "no device found".  We know the chip is functioning, as it works on Windows with our own driver.

My questions are as follows:

1. Is the CY7C68013A chip supported by the cyusb_linux program?

2. Is any modification of the driver required for the CY7C68013A to show up in the cyusb_linux program?

3. We have installed a custom firmware on our chip.  Could this be a problem?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes CY7C68013A is supported by linux program. What is the custom firmware in the chip? Does it use normal cypress driver or a different application (UVC, HID)

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The custom firmware does not use the normal cypress driver.  We use a custom driver for communication for Windows.  I was hoping that maybe I could start from the standard linux driver, and then add the custom functions we require, but it doesn't seem to be able to communicate with our firmware at all, as it sound like if it could it should be displayed in cyusb.  Is this correct?

0 Likes

Hi, did you fix it? How did you fix it?

0 Likes