Debouncers and Click types

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working with BLE and trying to use Debouncer, along with PWM, to take a bus of inputs (buttons) and individually debounce them, run them through a onClick timer, and process the events as a click, a double-click (another single click before an alloted time, and a held-down button.  I've looked at the Keypad software debouncing, and the components, but the problem, other than not having a set of specific events, is that for my application, I'm out of blocks, so I need to use TCPWM.  In the future, I'd like to make it into a component as well.  Any direction would be appreciated.  As of now I do have a modified Keyboard/keypad matrix code that does provide the events and the button, but I'm hoping to develop it further, and hopefully using less resource.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Have a look into this thread introducing a matrix keypad component.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did and it's awesome!  I've modified it to return which button and a Open, Click, Double-Click, Held, Released 'Button' type, since my app only uses 2-5 buttons, and not really in a matrix.  The problem, with my app components needs, however, is that I've gotten to many 'Pre-Configured Blocks' , so I was hoping to switch out the Debounce_Timer with a  TCPWM and hopefully solve that. 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

It is always a good idea to have a general timing mechanism. It is quite easy to use that for several different timing purposes.

Bob

0 Likes