-059 kit spare 10-pin connector purpose

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        Hi, The PSoC5LP -059 kit has spare programming port thru 10-pin connector, and there is unpopulated pad for that connector on the PCB. By soldering a connector we can program and debug the board using MiniProg3. I understand why programming of psoc5 and psoc4 using same 10-pin connectors are justified on the Pioneer boards (-042, -044), but what usage it may have on -059 kit, where 4 SWD pins are already present? I wish that place was rather reserved for XO or BLE   
0 Likes
3 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

The Pads are for programming the device when the on-board programmer is removed or is defective.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

bobgoar,

after separation a programmer from -059 kit, there are 5 pins remain for SWD programming. My understanding, those pins are directly connected to 5 pads on 10-pin connector and always awailable. Having another (10-pin) connector makes no sense to me. 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

@odissey1:

There is other programming equipment than Miniprog3 which needs the standard 10-pin interface to work with, ie. JTAG. For only using a Mminiprog3 the 5-pin interface with soldered post, the programmer could be plugged on directly.

Bob

0 Likes