PC jumps to random WDT ISR

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! It's me again! After I got everything running today, I bricked it again somehow. As you can see in the attached Project, I have NOTHING but one ISR reacting on a rising edge on a GPIO. Still, everytime the ISR starts executing, it jumps to another ISR after the first instruction in my supposed-to-execute ISR.

I have no idea why it jumps. it seems completely random to me.

Can anybody help?

Peace Noah

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

PSoC4s are based on an ARM M0 processor which have got interrupt priorities between 0 and 3, 7 is quite too much. I would suggest to leave your hands from prioritization in the beginning-

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob! I had the exact same behavior with priority set to 0 or nothing specific at all ... It always jumps to that weird ISR after the toggle ^= 1 in my to-be-executed-isr. And as you can see, I have no WDT running at all ... Also, it was working earlier this morning ... then I changed something (can't remember what (tried to undo, but too late)) and now this.  It doesn't toggle the pin at all 😞 I mean. If I have everything uncommented but that one ISR. How in gods name can another ISR happen? It's always at the same line btw.

Do you by coincidence use IRC? So I can bug you more 😛 JK, but interaction there is way easier. I was trying to find a channel for Cypress/PSoC, but nothing ...

Peace Noah

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Look at your clocks window. You enabled a WDT which will fire during your debug. Uncheck the WDT

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG Bob, I am such a dumb deer ... ty!

0 Likes