Raw count differs from basline

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm using the CY8C21534 in a capsense project. If I read correct in the documetation, if no finger on the button, raw count value and baseline value should be the same. In my project with 5 buttons, I set the ref value for 2 buttons to value 4 and for the other 3 buttons ref value is 5.

If I monitor raw count and baseline, I see that for the 3 with ref value 5, raw count matches baseline value. But for the 2 buttons with ref value 4, the raw count differs from the baseline value. ( baseline = 10172 while raw count measures 7992 ).

Anyone an idea what is wrong? My project is enclosed.

Thanks.

Danny

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Danny,

Could you please add CSD_ScanSensor(bCtr) before CSD_InitializeSensorBaseline(bCtr); to act as a dummy scan? Since Vref setting is changed, CMOD needs settling time.

I will do a test on your project. Also please let me know whether you are testing this on Development kit or your custom board?

Thanks

Sujay

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sujay,

I'm using this project on my custom board. I will test your solution soon and let you if it is solved.

Best regards,

Danny

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sujay,

I tested your suggestion, but it doesn't solve the problem. The raw count is still about 2200 units lower then the baseline value for buttons 1 and 2.

For the other buttons, the raw count matches the baseline value.

Any other suggestions?

Danny

0 Likes