Is the schematic for the motherboard available? I want to access GPIO for a prototype but don't have a schematic beyond the module (included in SDK)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

The schematic for the module is included in the SDK.  The motherboard (assembly) for the Wiced development system has some connectors (J7, J8) and I am hoping I can use some GPIO lines from that to create a prototype.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

In WICED SDK version 2.4.x all schematics are in ...\Doc\Schematics\ folder. The BCM9WCD1EVAL1 folder contains the evaluation board schematics listed with version numbers.

In WICED SDK version 3.0.x all evaluation board schematics are in ...\platforms\evaluation_boards\<evaluation_board>\schematics directory. Module schematics are in the ...\platforms\<module>\schematics directory.

Thanks,

Seyhan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

In WICED SDK version 2.4.x all schematics are in ...\Doc\Schematics\ folder. The BCM9WCD1EVAL1 folder contains the evaluation board schematics listed with version numbers.

In WICED SDK version 3.0.x all evaluation board schematics are in ...\platforms\evaluation_boards\<evaluation_board>\schematics directory. Module schematics are in the ...\platforms\<module>\schematics directory.

Thanks,

Seyhan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Seyhan.  After reviewing this, I am not seeing available GPIO lines on J7 or other places.  ADC 1-3 and DAC 1-2 are all used by the demonstration system.  Is there something I am missing? 

0 Likes

Hi,

You may break the breakaway section of the board or remove unwanted components from the breakaway section. The freed pins could be re-purposed based on the micro controller GPIO definitions.

Once the unwanted components are removed, desired circuit could be connected to the header (J7) for prototyping.

Breakaway section of the evaluation board demonstrates few possible I/O and sensor implementations and sample software apps.

Thanks,

Seyhan

MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Confirming that the BCM943362WCD4/ BCM9WCD1EVAL1 evaluation board schematics are in the SDK (the BCM943362WCD4 is mounted on a BCM9WCD1EVAL1 evaluation board):

WICED-schematic.png

0 Likes