CY8CKIT-046 4200L Cint Capacitors

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi all,

I have been reading the 4L Pioneer Kit Schematics and Kit Guide and can not find any information about the CintA1, CintA2, CintB1 and CintB2 capacitors, on the Schematic (screenshot of that section attached) it says i can found information of their purpose on the Kit Guide but i have not been able to do that, maybe i have not search very well 😕 .

I guess those are used for CapSense purposes but i would like to be sure why they are used.

Any help will be appreciated.

Carlos

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

As you can see in the schematic, there aren't any capacitors, look at the "no load" text.

Bob

0 Likes

Yes i have seen that, so they have no real purpose?

Carlos

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When not there, no function.

Bob

0 Likes

I'm afraid im not explaining myself clearly, why is the footprint there? no reason? they just place it to make the schematic look prettier? xD

If i populate them there will be no changes on any function or performance on anything?

Will check the 4200L TRM, maybe there i can see the special functions of the pins where they are "connected". If i find something i will reply here.

EDIT:

The pins that are connected to that capacitors (10.6, 10.7, 9.6, 9.7) are only present on the BGA version of the 4200L Family, since i don't plan to use a BGA version i think i have nothing to worry about those caps.

Bob, always thanks for the suggestions and help 😄

Carlos

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for being late here. Just found that those capacitors is for future use which will be used Mutual Capacitance. When we start to support it, we should be able to provide more details.

0 Likes
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi Keerthi, thanks for the info, will look forward for the details.

Carlos

0 Likes