CYBLE-022001-00 | troubles with some pins | questions about BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys!

Me again. So I got nearly everything working. Two things:

When I try to set pin 3 or 4 on my CYBLE-022001-00 high, it just doesn't go high. This doesn't apply for any other pin. There is no short to GND. Do I have to configure something differently for those pins? Or might I have damaged something whilst soldering? It does look pretty ok to me. But I can't look under the BGA chip.

Second question: I managed to get BLE working very easyily. Sadly, when I write a value, the WRITE callback handler will get executed which is very nice. I in there can change my values which works awesome too. BUT it does not update the GATT DB and I always read the same value over BLE I set initially. Do I have to write that value back in some special way. Or do I even have to update the GATT DB manually? I tried the latter one and it didn't change a thing ... When I write a value, it gets through properly but the field in the CySmart reverts to the old value.

Then: when I want to READ something, I have no callback handler somehow. Is there a way to do that? Because for my BLE to SPI bridge I now have to WRITE the address, cache the retireved values into the GATT DB and then do a READ call over BLE which then gets the value read from SPI and updated into the GATT DB with the WRITE call before. Is there a way to do that better? The examples I found all just care about writing OR the handle read calls by returning the value with a notification.

Any help is very appreciated 🙂

Peace Noah

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Noah I am sending you a set of programs for how to use GPIO pins and also a PDF that explains how they work. It appears that your Cy_setpins is incorrect. Look at example 5 it shows the correct way to do it. The SPI read is working correctly.

0 Likes