PSOC 4 BLE device CY8C4248LQI-BL583 not supported!!!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received 4 PSOC 4 BLE modules (CY8CKIT-143A) and much to my surprise they don't appear as selectable devices (CY8C4248LQI-BL583) in PSOC Creator 3.3 SP1.

What am I missing?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have PSoC Creator 3.3 SP build 7343 and I can see the CY8C4248LQI-BL583 in Device Selector. See the attached image.

What is the build number of the creator at your end (in Creator, go to Help -> About)?

If you are trying to choose the device from New -> Project -> Target Device, try this:

1) Select the target Device as PSoC 4200 BLE.

2) Open a Empty schematic project.

3) Once the project is open, right click on project name in workspace explorer and select Device Selector.

4) Filter the Family to only PSoC 4200 BLE. Select the CY8C4248LQI-BL583 family and select OK.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Jean!

I have got the same configuration as yours and I am able to select the CY8C4248LQI-BL583, see attached picture. I would suggest you to de-install Creator, download and install again from the Cypress website. When all fails: At top of this page "Design Support -> Create a Support Case" and get in contact with Cypress directly.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have PSoC Creator 3.3 SP build 7343 and I can see the CY8C4248LQI-BL583 in Device Selector. See the attached image.

What is the build number of the creator at your end (in Creator, go to Help -> About)?

If you are trying to choose the device from New -> Project -> Target Device, try this:

1) Select the target Device as PSoC 4200 BLE.

2) Open a Empty schematic project.

3) Once the project is open, right click on project name in workspace explorer and select Device Selector.

4) Filter the Family to only PSoC 4200 BLE. Select the CY8C4248LQI-BL583 family and select OK.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but I had neglected to reset the filters in the device selection dialog. Now the device shows up. Duh...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!!

0 Likes