PSOC4000 family. Pin mapping

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am facing problem while pin mapping.  am getting red mark while using p[4].2 and p[4].3 port pin.

am using the above pins as bidirectional pins.

am not getting what is the problem and please explain me briefly about the error and please let me know the solution.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Datasheet tells that for PSoC4 the pins of ports >= 4 cannot be used to route hardware signals but can be used by setting the state programmatically. So I would suggest you to use ports 0 to 3 for your temperature sensors.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Datasheet tells that for PSoC4 the pins of ports >= 4 cannot be used to route hardware signals but can be used by setting the state programmatically. So I would suggest you to use ports 0 to 3 for your temperature sensors.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your immediate response.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You are always welcome!

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bob,

in PSoC 4200 family datasheet , they have given we can use port 4 pins as gpio's ,  am in confusion .

am using digital sensor , am sending command to sensor, sensor will convert the temperature and will send the 2 byte digital data to controller. am using that port as digital pins,  

please can you explain me briefly about that port(port 4).

why can not use that port pins for general purpose?

please let me know.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

GPIO means you may configure the pin in several different (8) modes as input, output or IO-pin. In a PSoC4 pins on ports >= 4 are not connected to the routing matrix. You still can control the pins/ports in firmware by using Pin_Read(), Pin_Write() etc. But you cannot connect one of those pins to a PSoC internal signal.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bob, 

i need one more information .

i have mini prog 1 programmer , CY8CKIT-042 evaluation kit and CY8C4245AXI-483 IC.

i need to flash the program in CY8C4245AXI-483 IC, is it possible to flash the program using evaluation kit and  mini prog 1 ?

miniprog 3 is used for flashing PSoC4 devices.

by using evaluation kit and  mini prog 1 , we can program?

if yes , please explain me briefly

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The Miniprog1 can only be used to program PSoC1 chips. The Miniprog3 can be used for PSoC 3, 4, 5 PRoC BLE and PSoC BLE.

When you have got a CY8CKIT-042 Pioneer Kit you do not need a miniprog3 to program the chip on the board, there is already a KitProg programmer integrated that allows for debugging etc. When you want to program your own boards, the cheapest programmer will be to get a CY8CKIT-043 Prototyping Kit that has got a snap-off KitProg which you can use to program your own boards at 5V.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bob,

can you explain me the difference between CY3210 and CY3217 miniprog1?

i have CY3210, can i program PSoC(CY4245AXI-483) using PSoC programmer?

how to generate hex flies in PsoC creator?

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Miniprog1 can only program PSoC1 devices. For PSoC[345] you need a Miniprog3, or a KitProg 8thats on the newer DevBoards).

PSoC Creator automatically should create a hex file during compile.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Hli, i need one more information.

we know that miniprog 3 is used for programming the PSoC 4 family , my question is can i debug the my board (consist of PSoC CY4245AXI-483 MPN) using miniprog3?

mini prog 3 - cy8ckit-002 and cy8ckit-043

can i debug the my board by using above mini prog 3 kits?

am using PSoC Creator IDE for coding and debugging.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Miniprog3 allows to debug PSoC3,4 and 5.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bob.

I have one more question.

I included stdio.h library and included printf statements in the code for printing the two integer values.

it is compiling without error but while debugging , it hangs and it is showing serious error and starts executing interrupt handler function. the value is not  printing on the console.

please explain briefly about the error and how to use printf statements. 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

There is no OS in your PSoC, so nobody knows where to send printf() output to.

When you are using a Kitprog as debugging interface you may send the output to an UART component and use the Kitprog internal UART-USB bridge and a terminal emulation program as PuTTY.

Cheapest Kitprog will be to get a CY8CKIT-043.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for your immediate responce..

but i just want to know while typing printf in the PSoC editor, it is showing one printf function.

please find the attached image for more information.

what is the use of that function and in which file  it is defined in the generated source code?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Printf() is part of the standard libraries. With some additional effort you may introduce how a printf() can access a communication interface, but not with a Miniprog3 debug interface and a PSoC4.

Please tell a bit more what hardware (Kit? Which kit??) you are using.

Bob

0 Likes