Problems with UART Interrupt

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm doing some tests with the CYBLE-022001-EVAL and the pioneer kit CY8CKIT-042-BLE, and I'm having some problems with the interrupt for UART.

I am trying to add my own interrupt function to treat the bytes received, but no success. I can send bytes, but when I receive something the interrupt seems to be not called. Someone could give some help?

The project is attached.

Thank you!

Jorge

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome to the forum, Jorge!

are you trying to use the UART-USB bridge and connect the BLE-kit via USB to the PC? Then you need to use the pins p1_5 and P2_4 to your UART component. Check fot the correct com-port the kitprog emulates on PC using the device manager.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that's what i am doing. I can receive the bytes that I send from the Kit to PC at the hyperterminal.

I was using the pins P0[4] and p0[5] to the UART Component, is there some difference between using these or those you said?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could it be something wrong with the interrupt?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Open your kit's documentation ..Programs(x86)\Cypress\your kit\1.0\Hardware\Pioneer Board Schematic.pdf. Look for "UART RX" which is the connection between UART and the KitProg. My Kit uses pins P1_4 and 5

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked here and changed the pins, but still the same thing: the bytes I send from the module are received on PC, but the opposite not.

0 Likes