Very long programming time CY8CKIT-042-BLE / PSOC/ CYBL10563-56LQXI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I am programming device CYBL10563-56LQXI with development board CY8CKIT-042-BLE. 

If I program it with PsocProgrammer 3.24.0 it takes about 15 seconds, together with verifying.

But If I program it with Perl example script (via Command promt) it takes almost 2 minutes with the same settings (SWD, Protocol clock=1,6Mhz...)

Does anybody know what makes this huge difference? Two minutes program time is useless for serial production (progamming) devices.

Thank you for your tips.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We saw that using PPCLI library takes longer time. Using PPCOM makes it shorter. Have you tried using below script ?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Programming\PSoC4\SWD\Perl_Ex

The one Jobin gave you uses PPCLI and takes longer time. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I tested with BLE part number CY8C4247LQI-BL483 (Pioneer board) and observed that Perl took some 25 seconds and PSoC Programmer took around 20 seconds. 

1) Can you test with this module if you have ?

2) Which perl script you are using ? I used provided here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Programming\PSoC4\SWD\Perl_Ex

3) I am using this perl. I am not sure whether this matters. 

https://code.google.com/archive/p/padre-perl-ide/downloads

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you for reply.

1. I don't have it

2. I am using the same perl script

3. I am using the same Perl.

I also tested now with C# example script and it works much faster. About 15 seconds. I think I will go ahead with C#, since it seems it does not have speed troubles.

I am programming 1024 rows of hex code.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We saw that using PPCLI library takes longer time. Using PPCOM makes it shorter. Have you tried using below script ?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Programming\PSoC4\SWD\Perl_Ex

The one Jobin gave you uses PPCLI and takes longer time. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

You are right. With Perl_Ex.pl. is working much faster. I think it is similar the same like C# example.

Thank you for your effort:)

Best regards