Components tab not visible under Workspace Exploer Creator 3.3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chsi_1572801
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I am working with Creator 3.3. Can someone tell me how to get the components tab to show up under the workspace explorer. I can't seem to find a setting to control this. I need to import a component into my project but the components tab is missing?

Thanks

-Chris

0 Likes
1 Solution
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello Every one ,

This is not a defect. PRoC devices will not support UDB's and custom component creation. There by the component tabs is removed for PRoC devices.

Thanks

Jobin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

But Source, Datasheets and Result tabs are visible? When not, attach a screenshot.

Bob

0 Likes
chsi_1572801
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
chsi_1572801
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Here is the screen shot. Actually none of the component options are active in the project menu as well. If I open a differnet example project the components tab is there and when I reopen my project its missing

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Workaround:

Create a new project and with copy & paste transfer the topdesign to the new one. Copy your sources to the new project. right click on "Header Files", select Add existing Item and add all your copied .h-files. Do the same with "Source Files", check for main.c is overwritten.

You can give Cypress the chance to analyze the error:

At top of this page select "Design Support -> Create a Support Case" and describe your problem.

Leave a link to this thread in the forum and additionally create a workspace bundle. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
chsi_1572801
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I tried what you suggested. I created a new project and copied my topdesign file to the new project. Things looked ok until I changed to the target device that I am using CYBL10563-56LQXI. Once I did that the component tab disappeared again. I never even added any source files or tried to build. 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I did not tell to copy the topdesign file, I was talking about copy & paste the layout. You should start with an empty project in a second instance of Creator.

Bob

0 Likes
chsi_1572801
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Looks like this issue is related to whether I  use a PRoC or PSoC device. With PRoC device there is no component tab but with the PSoC device the component tab is visible. Im not sure what this means?

-Chris 

0 Likes
chsi_1572801
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

OK so I started with a blank project in a blank work space I select a PRoC part and I don't see the components tab. If I create a second project in a second workspace using the PSoC part I do see the components tab.  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have replicated this issue and see it is also present. I was unable to add any custom components to a PRoC project.

I was able to get the Components tab to show if I added a Library Project to the Workspace with a PRoC project, however the Custom Library will not show up under the Component Catalog unless I change my device to PSoC.

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello Every one ,

This is not a defect. PRoC devices will not support UDB's and custom component creation. There by the component tabs is removed for PRoC devices.

Thanks

Jobin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jobin,

Is there a recommended way to get interrupts on a PRoC similar to the way this SysTimer component works? Should we (users of the PRoC) just use a Timer Counter? Or is there a better way?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

There are several independent sources to get an interrupt from, so I assume you need a time-based event which would be fine when using a TCPWM component....

as long as you do not go into deep-sleep which will loose the 2% accuracy of the internal HFCLK. Same applies to other sources as the

WDT (WatchDog Timer) or the ARM M0 built-in SysTick timer.

Apparently you will receive interrupts from the BLE radio if you want.

Bob

0 Likes