Pin assigmnent

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AlVa_264671
Level 5
Level 5
25 sign-ins First like given First like received

Hi Every one

I have been working for long time with  PSOC3PIM1   from Ansync, Inc.

I am using the las version of Psoc Creator 3.3  SP1.

Always have been used the port 12 pins.

I have attached the schematic of such board.

On Pin Tab from Cydwr , Psoc Creator do not let me use the pins from port 12, nevertheless it show me like available

port 15 pins which are not available on the  PSOC3PIM1  board .

I have upload a trivial project where you can see what I am talking about

Thank you very much for any help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Port12 cannot handle analog signals, but your pin component is set to analog. P12 is SIO only.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
18 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Port12 cannot handle analog signals, but your pin component is set to analog. P12 is SIO only.

0 Likes

@hli:

But you may select for just one pin a port 12 analog pin. I created a new pin component to verify, so something might be wrong.

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I verified your problem and created a support case. Alex, stay tuned...

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

@Bob: Hmm, using this exact device I cannot even assign a single analog pin to P12. How did you do that?

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Oh, and the CYC38 family data sheets states: on SIO pins you cannot have analog inputs (page 37). And all P12 pins on the CY8C3866 are SIO pins.

Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I placed a second 5-pin similar to the first and I was able to connect Pin_0 to a port 12 which is wrong. Cypress already confirmed that something is not quite right. No analog pins on port12 is right.

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Strange, because for me it behaved correctly (both with my new test project and the one from Alex)

0 Likes
lock attach
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Try to set the pin 0 of both Pin_1 and Pin_2 components.

Bob

0 Likes
AlVa_264671
Level 5
Level 5

Dear Sir

The point is : PSOC3PIM1 have not available  to use pin from thr port 15, This is a fact,  you can look at that on the schematic I attached.

I been using that board with no issue for more than 2 years.

Yesterday  I have run the  repair utility from PSoc Creator and the pin P12[3], P12[4] and P12[5] became suddenly  available.( the other pins belong to port 12 , pins 0,1,2 ,I didn't touch, and they remain locked and are showing in the correct location on cydwr schematic)

But....But,  after that , when I have tried to use the pin P12[4], it became not available, but became available pins from port 15, which do not belong to the set available in PSOC3PIM1.

Is it an issue the P Creator?

One of the project has been working ok for more tha 2 years with no issue like that

Thank you a lot  for your help

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

One of the project has been working ok for more than 2 years with no issue like that

Please check the following: Is the project using analog or digital configured pins on port 12?

Answer from Cypress:

Thank you for contacting Cypress Technical Support.

I had done a detailed analysis on this issue.

As mention in the Forum post itself the P12 pins are SIO and it won't support Analog pins.
So the error is expected.

But there is one strange behavior I had detected.

Test1:
I placed an analog input pin to the schematic and route it to Port 12.
Got error as expected.
Test2:
Placed a digital pin to the schematic and route it to Port12
No error and built succeeded.

Test3: [important]
Placed an analog pin to the schematic, change the pin to digital input.
We expected to be able to route the pin to Port12. Port12 is not showing in the dropdown list.
I manually assigned the pin to Port12[instead of selecting from the list, manually enter the corresponding pin name - P12[3]]
Got error warning: "Pin Error: (Invalid pin assignment P12[3]. This pin does not support ANALOG.)."
But when I build the project, the build is successful.
So we can conclude that this is just a GUI error, the CYDWR is not updated with the fact that we changed the pin from Digital to Analog. But the build process is assigning the pin properly and thus the build is successful, so this will not effect the functionality.

I will create an internal ticket, thank you very much for pointing this to us.

Thanks
Jobin GT

Bob

AlVa_264671
Level 5
Level 5

Hi  Bob

Thank you so much for your help.

I understand the test done.

But still I do not understand why Pin  tab cydwr show me pins which  does not exit on the board we are talking about.

0 Likes

Creator doesn't know about your board. It just knows about the PSoC chips thats on the board, and this one has a port P15. So Creator allows you to use Port P15. Or did you ever set in your project which board you are using?

0 Likes
AlVa_264671
Level 5
Level 5

Bob do you think if I uninstall the whole Psoc Creator and install it again  we can fix this issue?

0 Likes
lock attach
AlVa_264671
Level 5
Level 5

My dear Hli

Thank you for your commentary, is very useful

Take a look to the schematic for  PSOC3PIM1 from Powerfulboard, they have a set of pin that are available to use with that board.

I understand that creator does not know about boards, but Creator Does understand about the chip I have set up with chip selector.

I insist in that, I am currently able to use only three port 12 pins  the other three ones cannot be used because creator does not show them. That happened now when I have stared a new project, with the same board and  under PSoc Creator 3.3 SP1

Take a look to the schematic I have attached again, there are not Port 15 pins available to use, ckeck the top left corner to see that.

I repeat, I been using this board for two years and always  Creator show me the correct pin for this particular board.

Thank  you for your time

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hi all,

This bug is reproduced and it is fixed in our future release[planned for 4.0 ]. This is just a GUI error and please be assured that the pin will work as expected. As of now just ignore the error message.

Thanks

JOBIN

I set a pin to SIO digital input and then changed my mind and set it to analog Hi-Z input, but the software then kept complaining that it wasn't an SIO pin, or that the pin "doesn't support analog".

I set it to digital input, changed back to CMOS, changed back to analog, but it still kept complaining about SIO.  Eventually I deleted it and recreated it and it worked again, even on the pins that it previously said did not support analog.  Same bug?

0 Likes
AlVa_264671
Level 5
Level 5

Hi every one

Thanks for the comments.

The problem was fixed reinstalling  PSoC 3 .

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alex

can you help me in completing the schematic of PSoC3 for a communication board connected to the data acquisition board.

Regards

Tanvi 

0 Likes