Debug Option in PSOC Creator desactivated

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JoLo_285951
Level 2
Level 2
First like received Welcome!

Dear All,

I am developing a relatively complex project and lastly the option of Debug is not active any longer, so I can not debug my project. I attach a picture of the PSOC Creator menus so you can understand what I am telling you.

Any idea where I should look for it and active it again? I have checked the PSOC Creator Manual but didnt find any related to this.

Thanks in advance,

Joaquin.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JoLo_285951
Level 2
Level 2

Sorry all...I have found the "problem". It is not a problem...I have just realized that when a project is Bootloadable it is not debuggeable...so if I want to debug I have to desactive the "Bootladable" component, check whatever I need to debug and once finished  make project again bootloadable.

Maybe someone can tell us the real reason behin this just for our knowledge.

Thanks anyway.

Joaquin.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
JoLo_285951
Level 2
Level 2

Sorry all...I have found the "problem". It is not a problem...I have just realized that when a project is Bootloadable it is not debuggeable...so if I want to debug I have to desactive the "Bootladable" component, check whatever I need to debug and once finished  make project again bootloadable.

Maybe someone can tell us the real reason behin this just for our knowledge.

Thanks anyway.

Joaquin.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

.Lopez the debug is done with the kit program and uses the onboard Psoc 5 device for that purpose and the Bootloadable component and devices that need it have no on board bootloader and so no debug channel.

0 Likes